PS Engineering - PMA6000B
What started 15 years ago has led up to the upgrading of the audio panel that started it all. The PMA6000B is an excellent low cost audio panel alternative to the higher end systems that PS Engineering has become so famous for.
PS Engineering has revolutionized audio control in general aviation airplanes. At that time, the original PMA6000 took the audio panel from a collection of switches added as an afterthought, to a multitalented intersystem focal point for cockpit audio.
Radio selection, cockpit communications and even music were seamlessly combined in the modern audio control panel. The PMA6000-series set a benchmark for all GA audio panels that followed.
The next generation PMA6000B has been given the benefit of PS Engineering's 15 years of audio panel control design and manufacturing experiences. It offers a low cost alternative to the more capable audio panel product line that the industry has become to expect from such a focused driven company.
The PMA6000B combines an audio selector panel with a top-quality manually adjusted VOX intercom and a slew of features to enhance versatility and utility.
Checklist of Capabilities:
- Built-in 4 place mono intercom PS Engineering's "Set-it and Forget-it" manual VOX
- Optional built-in marker beacon receiver.
- Split mode for dual audio capability
- 2 - Com Capability
- 3 - Intercom isolation modes - Pilot Isolate, All, and Crew
- 2 - Music inputs with Soft Mute™
- 2 - Unswitched inputs
- 6 - Switched inputs
- A patented "swap" function allows selection of Com 1 or Com 2 from remote pushbutton
- Fail-safe feature automatically hard-wires the pilot to Com1 in the case of an outage
- Uses a single 44-pin connector making installation easier.
The PMA6000B holds both FAA TSO as well as EASA ETSO and was designed to be made easier to install because of a single 44-pin Sub-d connector.