PS Engineering - PDA360EX
Homebuilders Now Have Access to IntelliAudio® True Dimensional Sound
PS Engineering has taken some of the technology from our DSP based PMA450 and built a package that better suites the Homebuilder's needs for avionics. The user interface eliminates the need to open up the Pilot's Guide.
Bluetooth®, soft-key buttons and a graphics display makes the functionality of the functions easy.
Check list of capabilities:
- IntelliAudio® True Dimensional Sound provides listening to com radios at the same time
- 4 - Place hi-fi stereo IntelliVox® Intercom with Soft Mute™
- Bluetooth® enabled allowing up to two devices to be connected simultaneously
- 3-Softkey User Interface with integrated Graphics Display
- Monitor Mode allows automatic muting of non-primary radio
- 3 - music mute modes: Mute On, Mute Off, Radio Mute
- Volume control for Intercom, 2 Switched Inputs, Telephone, and all Music Inputs
- Cellular telephone input with "DuTel™" telephone distribution and front panel control of telephone side tone
- Digital aircraft radio recorder (IRS™)
- USB Charging port provides up to 10 Watts of power for iPads, iPhones, and other Personal Digital Accessories. Auto-protection prevents electrical shorts from being an issue. The USB charger when senses a short, will automatically shut the USB port down. No fuses necessary.
- Split mode for dual audio panel capability
- 2 - Differential, hi-fidelity stereo music source inputs (no ground loop noise)
- 3 - Isolation modes - Pilot Isolate, All, and Crew
- 4 - unswitched inputs
- Selectable music distribution for pilot, copilot and passengers
- Selectable intercom mode with special "Alternate Intercom Mode"
- 2-year Pro-Support Warranty
The new PDA360EX was developed with some of the capabilities of the PMA450 in mind. The PDA360EX provides a practical set of functions most appropriate for the experimental aircraft builder.
One of the things in common with its big brother, the PMA450, is the IntelliAudio®. This is an invention from the United States Air Force that brings to the pilot a new of being able to discern individual radios while they are playing at the same time.
A digital communications interface, IntelliAudio® places Com 1 and Com 2 audio in various positions within the stereo headset, making simultaneous radio signals sound as if they are coming from different locations. Com 1 and Com 2 audio can be placed in 9 unique positions, making it easier for the pilot to concentrate on the radio of choice while ignoring the radio of lesser importance at the time. For example, the pilot can choose to pay attention to ATC while ignoring ATIS, depending upon what is pertinent at the moment.
Access to the capabilities is accomplished through three soft-key buttons with an integrated graphics display. This human interface provides intuitive operation, nearly eliminating the need for an operator's manual.
The PDA360EX has our IntelliVox® automatic VOX system, invented by PS Engineering in 1997. It provides both pilots and passengers with automatic intercom squelch control. By consensus of the GA community, IntelliVox® “works like magic” and eliminates the need for any manual adjustments to the intercom squelch.
A great amount of flexibility will be found to allow tailoring the operation for the pilot. From music distribution, volume control for just about every input, and ability to customizing the labeling of specialized switch input signals.
What would a new audio panel be without Bluetooth®? The PDA360EX system provides the connection to entertainment and telephone devices. The graphics display will provide caller ID so the pilot knows if it is a call to be taken or no.
In addition to the traditional Nav 1 and Nav 2 audio capabilities, If there are additional inputs that can be labeled as switched inputs. The PDA360EX allows the pilot to customize the labeling of these switched inputs to show precisely what is being switched.
With the increased popularity of mobile personal electronic devices, such as tablets, PDAs, iPhones, and iPads, the PDA360EX has a built-in 10 Watt-USB charger. This system is always monitoring the output power consumption and will automatically temporarily disconnect if is sees a short.